Saturday, July 20, 2019

My beautiful niece

My beautiful niece died last week. Since her mom and dad broke up about 3 years ago, I've been mothering her. The cancer, only 5 in the WORLD had it, now 4, was too aggressive. She, who had never wanted anything from me crocheted said, Auntie, you promised me a bblanket.

I know she never did, but figurred out the chemo meds and pain meds made her brain mushy. So I said, what color? "Purple! I like anything purple." "Purple it is!"

I went to Walmart that evening, got badly CORNtaminated, sent her pictures of the yarn, she chose a bright purple and multicolors that matched and I started to crochet. Next day, Sunday, I got a really bad case of high heart pulse. I asked her, "Lines or waves?"

"Waves! and purple!"  "Yes, sweetie, purple."

And after the 2nd or 3rd row, I knew she would never see it in person. And so it happened. Every time I sent her a picture, asking if she wanted me to change color, it was always "More purple!"
"Yes, more purple, my little darling."

My twin came last week from the States. She really couldn't afford this trip, but she said she felt an urgency to come and share the Gospel with Nazira and her mom. And she did. Arrived Wednesday afternoon, saw her Thursday evening, Thursday night Nazzie asked for a Bible, and at midnight she fell asleep and left us.

My brother, Joe, wants me to finish the blanket. He wants to place it over her bed, in her little bedroom.

And I will.

More purple!  Yes, my little darling, "more purple". Anything for you. Even though you're gone, "more purple".

Thanks for "listening"

No comments: