Saturday, November 17, 2012

Nothing Much and an Interesting Quote

Nothing much has been happening here... It's raining again, and we are closer to the end of hurricane season, which is November 30th. Thank God we haven't fared too badly this year, and no direct hits, either.

The US had another election, and I'm afraid of the consequences to individual freedoms, which Americans have been losing slowly, especially during the last 4 years. Not good.

The Island also had an election, which was won by "voting against-" instead of "voting for-" which is not a good thing, although in the case of the US, it might have been a good thing. The new governor is there, and we must pray for him, likewise the president of the United States of America, we must also pray for him, and pray for those who surround him, that they will make right decisions, and not just something to cater to a very vocal and $ powerful minority.

On the homefront, I didn't kill the peppermint, it must be a hardy herb since it's thriving, despite ME! The pineapple plant is also thriving, another puzzler. I hope to find a safe source of chicken. The Gold Kist chicken, sold at Costco, is making me itch terribly, and I feel miserable. An herbalist said that if you eat food that makes you react, it will weaken your immune system. So, I'm looking for Empire chicken, unable to find it. I don't think I can have chickens here myself, the smell of the feathers isn't good for me.

I'm going to try some millet flour, see if I can gain some weight, I'm too thin at 103 lbs... yikes! WHY do they have to put corn in everything?

River


“It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often
that this great nation was founded, not by religionists,
but by Christians;
not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ!

For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum,
prosperity, and freedom of worship here.”

— Patrick Henry

2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

I hope you find what you can eat. I have the opposite problem. :(

Wonderful quote! So very true. Two years to interim elections. At least that's something....

River Glorious said...

I used to have the opposite problem, but really, eliminating the obvious corn caused me to lose 15 lbs w/o even noticing it, and I still had cake and chocolate and ice cream, just different brands with barely or no corny ingredients.

Of course, right now, I'm battling some other problems, so my diet is terribly restricted. Hope the buckwheat will fix that!

Thanks for reading and commenting. :)