Thursday, December 14, 2017

No More Chain 2

No more chain-2 or chain-3 in the turning chain. No matter what I do, it always leaves a gap. Now, at the end of a row, I've started making a chain stitch, and in THAT SAME STITCH, a half double crochet. It evens out when you come back and close either with a double crochet or a slip stitch if you're done with the piece.  See below how neat it looks.
AND, when I attach this to another piece, I have something to grab that won't make a hole or gap, which irritates me. There we go, no more Chain-2 to substitute a double crochet at the beginning of a row or round. By the way, I don't use this for lace or doilies.

2 comments:

happyknitter said...

I have been doing this for years, didn't know that anyone else would be interested because when I showed it to some needle friends in NYC they laughed and said that no-one wants an extra bump on the end of their
work.... So, I am really glad that you put this out there, can I say that more crocheters would benefit from
it if they are open minded, it really makes your work look so much better and it is much easier to put on a border. Thanks for spreading the word about this little technique. ;-)
also 1happyknitter on Ravelry.

River Glorious said...

Happy Knitter, I think that if we are careful, it won't be a bump and will be smooth. It really looks good as a post to that whole or gap. Great minds think alike! 😄😄😄