Sunday, January 27, 2013

General Douglas MacArthur and the Winter X Games

Douglas MacArthur was born JANUARY 26, 1880.

He commanded in World War I, was superintendent of West Point, and the youngest Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army.

A four-star general, he retired in 1939, but returned in 1941 to defend the Philippines.



General Douglas MacArthur stated:
  
"History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline.  

There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster."

~~~~~

I'm waiting for the Winter X Games to start, some time tonight, so I can see Shawn White snowboarding in the pipe. Eddie and I enjoy that a lot! Today I watched the streaming of the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ Assembly. If you ever want to tune in on a Sunday, at 11 AM, here is the link:


After listening to these teachings, solid Biblical teachings, it's hard to listen to someone preach on a Sunday about what they think we ought to be learning. We should be learning Jesus Christ, anything else is just frittering away our time, in my opinion. And I'm entitled to have one, still, thank God! :)

Have a great Sunday evening! I'll be crocheting a baby dress and watching the X Games.

River  


No comments: