Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Am A Baby...

I am a baby.

I've always been a baby.  I'm the youngest of 5 children.  And of the 5 children, I am the youngest of the twins.  Everybody has always babied me.  So has my husband and even my children, when they see me fall apart because of frustration over the pain I feel in my body since 1991.

And now, I have a corn allergy.  Or intolerance.  I tend to think it's an allergy because I get headaches, itchiness and sometimes The Invisible Hand grabs a hold of my throat and squeezes slowly...

Still, having been a "baby" all of my life, I am now finding myself in a sense, alone.  I have to find new foods,  a new way to live my life, and although I have a wonderful support in the Avoiding Corn Forum (those people are real bricks, the salt of the earth), I'm in this and if I don't do it, no one will do it for me.

It's a new way of life, I'm not used to not eating what the rest of the family is eating or going where they are going.  I'm not used to this and something in me is rebelling with all of my fibre.

*sigh*

And then, when the tears start to gather in my eyes, and my throat tightens, I remember, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

That's in Hebrews... a Wonderful Word from the Lord Jesus Christ.  If I believe Him, then I should not be fussing.  Oh Lord, forgive me for my unbelief!

No comments: