Friday, September 30, 2016

Just another blankie...

Nothing much going on here. I finished this crochet blankie and gave it to my doctor's secretary. She looks so young and small... And she was so surprised to receive it. What a smile! :)  I started another one, made with leftover yarn, so it will be smaller, and in muted colors.

Mom is watching Fantasy Island. She used to forget the name and call it "Fortune Cookie" but that was a few decades ago.

Right now I'm listening to Abiding Radio, seasonal, which is currently playing patriotic music:


The tropical storm that was passing by, well, passed by, and is now Hurricane Matthew. I pray there are no more casualties. Always sad to hear. Hope it just blows into the Atlantic without doing any more damage.

My Danny Boy announced he's "coming around dinner time, Mom. That doesn't mean you have to make any!"
(He's always so considerate and doesn't want me to overdo or anything.)
"Dan, I think I'll make-"
"You don't have to make any, don't worry!"
"... rice with vienna sausage and diced ham, and some beans," continued his mother.
"See you at dinnertime!!!!"
(I knew that would hook him! hehe *=)) rolling on the floor )

I'm also starting this course:
Supreme Court Lecture 1 - Hillsdale College Online Courses


 So far so good! :) 
Have a great weekend, people.

Even a fool, when he holds his peace, is counted wise:
and he that shuts his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
Proverbs 17:28

2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Pretty blanket! How sweet of you to give it to someone who appreciates it so much. :) We popped into San Juan for a few hours last week for an unscheduled stop while out running Hurricane Matthew. We (Freedom of the Seas) were in about 4 and out before midnight on Tuesday of last week. Overcast, choppy seas, very pleasant. Did you see me waving?? ;)

River Glorious said...

:) I thought about you and was wondering if you were playing hide and seek with the hurricane. Glad you are OK. I didn't see you waving too bad because I would've had arms of yarn for you. I also missed the Thunderbirds which were here yesterday and today doing their wonderful maneuvers.