Friday, August 29, 2014

My Day So Far and Plight of Christians and Others in the Middle East

It's a cool 83ºF over here on the island. We're expecting rain this weekend. That's good and bad. Good because it means no water rationing. Bad because there will be thunderstorms and landslides in the mountains. And Slinky will go nuts if there's thunder. I'll just give him Benadryl and put him in his cage, he can't hide in my closet amongst my yarn. Nope nope nope.

Eddie's book presentation is next Thursday. The small college where he teaches is sponsoring the event (it was their idea) and his friends from an advertising agency took over the promotion, for free. They are really going for it. I knew Eddie was well-liked among his peers, and respected for his knowledge, but he didn't have to call in any favors, people are just doing this because they like him and love him, too. Me, I feel that we are blessed. Eddie does things that I myself wouldn't, and earlier this week told me, "It's what I've always done, and it's what the Lord would have me do. I don't regret any of it."

I definitely have to keep him, yep yep yep.

Fearless Boss is having fun on his last free day. He bought Amanda some rattles (there's really no stopping him, he has so much fun looking and choosing) and I-don't-know-what-else and is sending me a box which is supposed to arrive on Tuesday. Soon I'll be working on that crochet dachshund my oldest sister wants, a little white cardigan for Amanda, and then finish a baby blanket I've been working on and off for about 3 years. It's so simple, but has I work on it only when I'm at a doctor's office, because it helps me while away the time. *:) happy

I heard some thunder, or a large truck in the distance. I'd better locate the Benadryl. I hope Dan didn't place it on top of the kitchen cabinets. I've told them to quit putting things up there and they just laugh at me and call me "short Mom!" and then place it there again the next time. Okay, if that, and leaving their socks around and some dishes undone are my only complaints concerning my sons, then I'm blessed, aren't I? No signs of drugs nor any other stuff. I'm surely blessed.

See what's happening in the Middle East, a genocide. This is sad. I hope the US *and* the rest of the world see that this is bad, bad, bad, not only for them, but for the whole world. If good men do nothing, evil will prosper. The American government, if it does nothing, will eventually have to deal with this, because it won't stop nor be contained in Iraq and Syria. It will spread. And spread. And it will touch us and then some.

No comments: