Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Where Were You During 911?

I was here, at home.  I was listening to WBMJ and then they talked about the 1st plane.  I was still in my nightgown, with my housecoat over it, pink. And I was barefoot. I turned the TV on, and saw that plane, going into the building...

I remember I called Eddie, and then hung up, and started to wring my hands and pace the house like a crazed woman and then like a voice, but one I didn't hear, just sort of felt, stopped me, and said "you can pray."

That was it. So I stopped my frenzied pacing and went to my room, lowered myself to my knees and started to pray. I prayed throughout the day.

Later I found out my cousin, Nannie, who never ever EVER misses a day of work, decided to be lazy and stay home. She was a carpenter and had to go in that day, don't know which tower, but didn't. Yet so many people did go and paid for it.

Let no one call this a tragedy.

A hurricane is a tragedy.

A tornado is a tragedy.

An earthquake is a tragedy.

An avalanche is a tragedy.

This was a terrorist attack. Premeditated. Deliberate. An act of war. Not a tragedy.

This is my Pearl Harbor. 

And I will NEVER forget.


And...


God Bless America!


1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Amen. We will never forget.