Sunday, November 22, 2009

Finished Object: Crochet Dishcloth.

One of the things I like about crochet is that I have a finished object.  It's there.  Not like my car, which needs gas and washing and cleaning, certainly not like my house, which has to be tidied up every day, especially kitchen and bathrooms.  I make it.  It's there.  C'est fini.  Terminado.  Más nada.

I finished this, and it's on to the next project, to finish my two shawls, the Pretty Blue Shawl, and the Granny Triangle Shawl.  These are mindless, sort of.  But the crocheting gives my mind a rest, while my hands are busy.  I can think, ponder, pray, plan, or just let my mind wander at will.  I can sing a Frank Sinatra or Johnny Mathis song (I know, way before my time, but I LIKE THOSE SONGS), or just listen to my thoughts to see what my mind is up to.


So, here is the dishcloth, a Finished Object.  Now to the next UFO...

No comments: