Sunday, September 20, 2009

Peace Like a River...

So many people want "peace like a river."  I finally found this phrase in the Bible, and it's a beautiful phrase.  And, besides, I always want peace... But, the phrase immediately afterward also calls my attention: "righteousness like the waves of the sea." 

Shall we heed His commandments? If so, we shall have both.


Isaiah 48:16
"Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord God and His Spirit has sent Me."

17 Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.

18 Oh, that you had heeded My commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

No comments: