Saturday, April 18, 2009

Shawl, Take 2


Here goes... hopefully, this one will go better. I'm having problems with the way this pattern is written, too.

It's not straight at the upper edge, it's cupping or curving, and the instructions aren't all that clear.


I already unraveled it and started again. It looks better, but I am still having the same problems.


Here's my third attempt, actually, and it's looking better. I'm going to give this a chance, and if it doesn't work out, I'm going to wing it, and change the pattern to suit my needs and what I think it should look like. If any of you have a simple, yet elegant shawl pattern you like, or a stitch you like, please share it with me.

Thanks for reading this.

River

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Have you tried that dc instead of a chain to turn ? That might help.
Lori cobber@sagensun.net

Anonymous said...

Hi Enid,
Your shawl's lookin good - just take your time and don't let it intimidate you - relax, it's obviously going well! Grrrrreat!