Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Today...



Today, well, some days are like that. Instead of fresh air coming through my windows, there's a diesel smell, and that of gasoline from some neighbor across the creek using a pressure washer. Plus I think someone dumped something into the creek, up stream, that is.

Today, instead of just doing the usual proofreading, I'm having to look up information about elder abuse, neglect, bereavement counseling, etc., which saddens me, the amount of sadness in the world. I'm not one of those people who go around sing-songing that Jesus will take away all your troubles. He won't. I am resting in that He said that in this world we would have affliction, but to be trusting in Him because HE has overcome the world (John 16:33). Besides, the world and all its cares won't last forever, and I certainly won't. In the meantime, serving the Lord Jesus Christ in this place with so much going on can be overwhelming if I'm not focused on "the things of above."

It's starting to rain now, so I'll stop for lunch before I burn it yet again. By the way, that's a picture of my backyard. The mango tree had a fit and decided to grow new leaves! happy

Today, besides all of the above, the headache I've had for the past month or so isn't so bad, and I smell my lunch burning.

No comments: