Friday, May 21, 2010

What Is the Name of This Flower?

This bugs me.  I have a flower, and have no idea what the name is, other than "flower," which is, after all, such a general word for this.  Although, still more general would be "thing" or "object"... I will stop philosophizing right now.  For now. 

Behold, the flower!

This plant blooms usually once a year, around December until January.  It has no business being showing flowers now in May, but I won't say so, to it, at any rate.  I think that perhaps because of the rain, it thought it was November and should show off or something.

If you happen to know this flower, rather, know its name, please do tell. 

Thanks for reading this.

River

UPDATE:  HERE'S THE SIDE VIEW OF THE PLANT

3 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Hi,

I have no clue about the flower, but wanted to say I stopped by to say hello. :))

Lois

River Glorious said...

I posted a side view, Lois. Thanks for greeting me! I am going to peek in on your blog to see what mischief you've been up to!

:D

:D

:D

Anonymous said...

Hi

This isn't flower related. I see that you have on your favorites list the crochet doctor. Do you know where the first part#1, of the article that she wrote explaining about how to read patterns? I've looked through all the older posts and I don't seem to be able to find the first part only the second part.

Did you google your flower? I'm sure someone knows what it is. Maybe it only grows where you live.

God Bless