Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 4 of a Beastly Headache

It is Day 4 with this beast of a headache.  I am unsure what brought it about, although I suspect that corn might have something to do with it.

I've been eating bananas and kamut cereal today, nothing else, and milk and coffee.  I told a friend, Goldie (that's not her name, but this friend is worth her weight and more in gold, so Goldie she is, and Goldie she'll stay.  Sometimes I mistakenly write "Godlie" but then, she is a Godly woman, so I don't mind that either and she hasn't complained yet big hug.).  I went off on a Goldie tangent.  

I told Goldie in an email that I was heart, soul, and body tired today.  Pain is something that makes you tired, exhausted, and taints everything when it's overwhelming, like today.  If you drive stick-shift, then you know how slow a car can be stuck in 1st or 2nd gear when you should be using 4th or 5th already.  Slow and heavy, slow and heavy.

I am not complaining, not really.  Just describing what this feels like, sort of.  Through it all, I keep on hearing a melody inside me, and went to look for it.  I found it:


http://www.biblestudycharts.com/SH_It_Is_Well_With_My_Soul.html

So, in spite of the pain, in spite of everything, I can say, although wearily, Lord, It Is Well With My Soul.

Thanks for listening.  praying

River

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

I hope you feel much better, very, very soon.

Lois