Friday, September 25, 2009

Sad Day Here on the Island

It's a sad day in Puerto Rico.  Over 14 thousand people have been fired.  Yes, government employees, but many many are family people, just trying to keep body and soul together and feed their families.

I can't say what should be done.  I think that there must be something that can be done here to use money more efficiently, less projects to benefit buddies and more, and other things that can be done (sorry, Neurontin fogs me).  I understand that a country cannot function well  with a bloated government payroll, I do understand that, but it does not stop me from feeling sad and wondering what are they going to do now.

Thanks for reading this.

:`(

:`(

:`(

River

2 comments:

Grandma Elsie said...

America is in trouble but we know what is about to happen...don't we... Our King is coming and evil is taking over more and more of this world. May God provide for your family. My oldest son has not had a job for 17 months now either,

Have a blessed week end
Elsie <><

River Glorious said...

Thank you, elsie, for replying. I'll be praying for your son, too. It's tough out there, but our Lord is tougher and our Provider.