Friday, September 26, 2008

Found Some Crochet At Mom's

This is a dishcloth I made for Mom some years ago. I asked her, "Mom, aren't you going to use this? It IS a dishcloth!" and she glibely answered, in a sort of sing-song way, "No!" and smiled. What can I say? It's back to the basket with the dishcloth, that will never be used as such. I don't remember where I got the pattern from.
Here's a thread coaster I made for my Mom, too. It also has never been used. It just stays in the basket where the dishcloth is, too. Well, at any rate, she doesn't use it to dust the furniture nor has she thrown it away. I once made a beautiful lacey washcloth for her and she has never used it, either.

As I have often said, "There's a lesson to be learned here, if we could only figure it out!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Your work is great. I espcially like the coaster you made for your Mom. Would you be willing to share the patter ?

Kathy
Ontario, Canada